by David Cross
Think of the alternative.
This is specifically meant for the voters who voted for Obama and are disappointed in him and subsequently on the fence about voting for him or resigned to not voting for anyone at all.
There are dozens, if not hundreds of legitimate reasons why you should not vote for Obama. You were lied to, seduced by yet another smooth talking politician who promised you hope and change. Although let’s be honest, short of electing a born-again monkey with downs syndrome, anyone who replaced Bush would be considered “a change.”
And yes, after three years of Obama, we still live in a country with an ever-peeling veneer of “democracy” that is run by and for the moneyed power brokers and their vested interests. A country where cancer patients smoking medicinal marijuana in the privacy of their home participate in a criminal offense, but knowingly manipulating the markets and stealing from pension funds goes, not only unpunished, but lucratively rewarded.
And true, we still live in the most violent first world country on earth, with increasingly lax restrictions on the freedom to buy assault weapons online. And we still spend more of our precious decreasing tax dollars on “defense” than the next ten countries combined.
And right, it is accurate to say that gay couples are still treated like second, actually make that, third class citizens who, in some cases, can’t provide a loving home to beaten and abused foster kids stuck in a rotating door of loveless “families” headed by abusive and psychotic welfare queens simply because they’re “fags”.
And unquestionably, the banks, insurance companies, brokerage houses and really, all financial institutions have gotten away virtually untouched with the biggest theft of the people’s money since Rome was sacked by the Visigoths.
Oh my god…I could keep going like this into the next morning.
So let me tell you why you should hold your nose, take a deep breath, and swallow the bitter pill of voting for a rather ineffective disappointer-in-chief—because of the alternative. And the alternative in this case is an exceptionally heartbreaking example of, potential leader of the “free” world.
Mitt Romney is a craven, out-of-touch, capitalist robot (and not the fun kind either) with an understanding and compassion for the working class sourced from brief, sweeping platitudes told to him by his staff just before having to meet one. He doesn’t give a shit about you…or your mom, or your friends, or your children. I mean, he cares in the sense of, “you shouldn’t have to be so poor if you really, truly work hard. That’s why I want to be your president”. But his ideas are, ironically, about weaning the very people his policies displace, off the welfare teat.
In no small part, a lot of the voters that Romney appeals to are part of a backwards, ignorant electorate who truly believe that our current president is a Kenyan Marxist with an evil plan to let Muslim fundamentalists take over the world while he gleefully gives the good Christian Right’s money he’s stolen to lazy niggers and spics. They so desperately want FILL-IN-THE-BLANK in and Obama OUT! Many of these folk, left to their own devices, would make teaching certain parts of science that contradict the Bible illegal and punishable by jail time. They would defund and then outlaw certain aspects of woman’s health care. Officially strip gay people of what little rights they have fought very hard for and now “enjoy”. Defund what pitiably small public funds there are for the arts (created by “fags” and “left-wing radical hippies”). That’s what they want to do and would certainly be more emboldened to do with a potential eight years, in not longer, of right-wing, conservative rule.
History provides a very succinct, undeniable look at what these two parties would (try) to do if in power. Take a look, and, even though Obama has not been very successful (and Congress is in great part to blame but still), when faced with the alternative, well…please vote Obama in 2012.
New York, New York
David Cross is an American actor, writer and stand-up comedian.
- cwalshuk reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- 36special likes this
- l-m-f-a-o-all-day likes this
- clivedavinci reblogged this from fuckyeahdavidcross and added:
- minusmanhattan likes this
- adorabelledearheart likes this
- ernbrella likes this
- morristownsend reblogged this from meatelpresidente
- meatelpresidente reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- robertmhoehn reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- legendarymania likes this
- julesoncello likes this
- gotitforcheap likes this
- honestlywhat reblogged this from fuckyeahdavidcross
- stecies reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- angelojohnlewis likes this
- angelojohnlewis reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- mariosolis likes this
- ifoughtthelaura reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- aorozconleche reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- paperthief likes this
- x14592 reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- unremitting likes this
- pro-crastinate reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- keenkathleen reblogged this from weedianofnazareth
- bob-loblaw-law-blog likes this
- manicmosaic reblogged this from supbreaux
- alyssalerner likes this
- aglennosaur reblogged this from supbreaux
- aglennosaur likes this
- weedianofnazareth reblogged this from fuckyeahdavidcross
- jamescross likes this
- mattxwelch likes this
- supbreaux reblogged this from fuckyeahdavidcross
- midcenturymiskatonic likes this
- ooghijmiqtxxxa reblogged this from fuckyeahdavidcross
- come likes this
- supbreaux likes this
- fuckyeahdavidcross reblogged this from 90days-90reasons
- 90days-90reasons posted this